Friday, March 4, 2011

home sweet home

Wow today felt long! My day began at 7:45 a.m. when my alarm went off and a reminder came up on my phone that told me to pack (duh emily!). My schedule was set; wake up and finish packing, class from 9:05 till 11:00 a.m., grab a breakfast sandwich to go, and then meet my ride, Meghan, at 11:30 a.m. to head back home. My morning was off to a great start; I some how managed to fit everything in one duffel bag and a shoulder bag (although the duffel was very HEAVY). I got out of my food and nutritions class early and headed to my chemistry class whilst enjoying the glorious Blacksburg weather we have been having (knock on a huge rain forest tree). I survived chemistry class despite my lack of concentration and my constant checking of Facebook to see where all my friends were headed to for spring break. After class, my ride called to say we would have to leave later than she thought so I was able to sit down and enjoy my breakfast sandwich with my friend Laura. Then something came over me and when I got back to my room I decided to do my Chemistry homework?!? sweet!

1:00 p.m. rolled around and Meghan called ready to go! After what seemed to be a pretty long car ride due to my lack of sleep from the night before (went out with some Alpha Phi's for a last night out before break!), we finally arrived in good old Potomac. Of course when I got home I greeted my dog first (sorry parents!). After settling in (putting my duffel in the family room---at least it didn't stay in the mudroom all night!), my parents and I sat down for a nice steak salad and red wine meal (YUMMY!). Following dinner we decided to watch the Social Network (great movie, very insightful!). I have a feeling my night is going to end much earlier than it normally would while at school, but that's alright with me!

Reunited...and it feels so good!!

More to come on my very (not) adventurous spring break 2k11 !!


xoxo
em

No comments:

Post a Comment