Thursday, April 14, 2011

let it flow


How can a man's life keep its course if he will not let it flow?
Those who flow as life flows know they need no other force.
They feel no wear, they feel no tear.
They need no mending, no repair



Three things have been on my mind this week...


First my summer plans. Lately I've been very concerned with how I'm going to make money this summer and how I'm going to spend my free time. Weeks are flying by and days are over before I even realize it. My only plan so far is taking Chemistry for the month of June, Monday-Thursday, joy! Whenever I have the chance I do a little thinking and research and keep notes of jobs I want to look into. This becomes overwhelming when I begin to over-think and wonder what I "should" be doing, so I keep pushing it off.

Then, I'm reminded of the second thing on my mind which is my biology test. The last exam of the semester before the final and all I can think about are the two 78's I got on the last two tests. I'm not use to these low scores but instead of freaking out I've done the opposite and decided to make a schedule for the week giving myself plenty of time to study. I've decided to let go of any preconceptions or misconceptions that I "deserve" an A. Instead I try to focus on actually understanding the concepts and feeling confident that I tried my best.

And third, I can't help but think about my mom's best friend who is currently in the intensive care unit at our local hospital. It's seems so unreal and so sudden that I can't even believe it's true. I don't know how to be there for my mom, who herself is struggling to know how help her helpless friend. Suddenly my worries about summer plans and my grade on my biology test seem insignificant. In two days will be the 4 year anniversary of 4/16. Instead of feeling sad and helpless, I will to strive to be in a place of gratitude, tp be a more loving daughter, sister, friend, and hokie, to appreciate the moments I have, and lastly, to let life flow and to not force it to be one way or another. I encourage you to do the same :)


“be truly glad, there is wonderful joy ahead” I Peter 1:6

1 comment: